Speaking of vulcanizing agents, you may be relatively unfamiliar. Many people have not been in contact with them. The vulcanizing agent can make the rubber molecular chain react and make linear molecules form a three-dimensional network structure. So what is a vulcanizing agent and what are the functions of the vulcanizing agent? Let's take a look!
What is a vulcanizing agent?
1. In natural rubber, the combination of vulcanizing agent and sulfur can prevent reversion of vulcanization, improve heat resistance, reduce heat generation, aging resistance, and improve the adhesion of rubber to the cord and the modulus of vulcanized rubber. It is mainly used in rubbers such as shoulder rubber and buffer layer of tires, which can solve the problem of shoulder voids of bias truck tires. It can also be used for large-size and thick natural rubber products and various rubber sundries.
2. Vulcanizing agents can be divided into two categories: inorganic and organic. Inorganic vulcanizing agents mainly include sulfur, sulfur monochloride, selenium, tellurium, etc. Organic vulcanizing agents include accelerators TMTD, organic peroxides such as benzoyl peroxide, quinone oxime compounds and the like. Rubber vulcanizing agents include elemental sulfur, selenium, tellurium, sulfur-containing compounds, peroxides, quinone compounds, amine compounds, resin compounds, metal oxides, and isocyanates.
So what are the effects of vulcanizing agents?
1. Any substance in the rubber compound that can accelerate the vulcanization reaction speed, shorten the vulcanization time, reduce the vulcanization temperature, reduce the amount of vulcanizing agent, and improve or improve the physical and mechanical properties of the vulcanized rubber is collectively called vulcanization accelerator, or accelerator for short. The accelerator can also improve the production efficiency of vulcanization and the quality of vulcanized rubber, make the vulcanization degree of thick products uniform, and reduce product costs.
2. Used in neoprene rubber, chlorosulfonated polyethylene rubber, styrene-butadiene rubber, nitrile rubber, isoprene rubber, butyl rubber, bromobutyl rubber, acrylate rubber, silicone rubber and rubber-plastic combined rubber, etc. In special rubber, as an auxiliary vulcanizing agent, it can significantly improve the associated performance and heat resistance. It is suitable for high-temperature vulcanization systems. It can significantly reduce the compression set. It can also reduce the number of peroxides and prevent the rubber from being damaged during processing. Scorch, improve the adhesive strength of rubber material, cord and metal.
3. Anti-scorching agent. This product is a sulfur-free vulcanizing agent, mainly used for cable rubber. It can replace all sulfur-containing vulcanizing agents such as thiazoles and thiurams and can solve the problem of copper wires and copper electrical appliances due to contact with sulfur-containing vulcanizing agents. The problem of copper sulfide pollution and blackening.
Is the vulcanizing agent toxic?
The vulcanizing agent is toxic and has a bitter taste. If the human body inhales too much of the vulcanizing agent, it will cause pneumoconiosis, which is also harmful to the human body.